Friday, December 24, 2010

This isn't supposed to happen for Philly Phans


There must be some sort of cosmic activity happening for Philly Phans. First we beat the dreaded Cowboys in Jerry's house.

Then Cliff Lee turns down New York's bright light, crazy Steinbrenners and some money to return home to the Bank. 

Welcome home Big Daddy.

A very nice early Christmas present.

OK, life's good. My President is getting some critical legislation passed but that is another post.

Going into the Eagles V Giants game, there was the acceptance that this season has unfolded into to something special. No one was expecting a winning season. 

Hell we beat Dallas and we have Cliff Lee.

This why they play 60 minutes. The first three quarters and half of the fourth quarter were just ugly. 

But like watching a train wreck you couldn't take your eyes off of it.

What occurred would have never happened under McNabb, Vick took this team on his back and dumped sea salt in the wounded hearts of the New York fans. (Welcome to our familiar nightmare.)

My phone was noticeably silent until the kick.

Reid put Mr. Philly on the field, but there was no way they would punt to him. With 14 seconds on the board, we could hope for overtime.

OMG, OMG, OMGGGGGGGG

At first, Mr. Too Cute, fumbled the ball, which ended up being a good thing, then magic happened.

I'm sure, that I wasn't the only person running in my living room, because Jackson needed my help.

Touchdown.

I remember the Herm Edwards original Miracle in the Meadowlands.

While I have a mad crush on him, this is even better.

Once it all sunk in my phone blew up..

OMG- my kid

Did you see that?- several friends

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllll-----my buddy from Texas

The one that summed up it was from a co-worker

"This isn't supposed to happen for us Philly Phans."

Maybe it is..........








No comments: