Saturday, June 16, 2007

Herbert: Teen Summer Nightmare

One of my responsibilities is to hire people. For many of our entry level jobs, I look for young people to fill the position. It gives them an entree into corporate America. I get the much needed mind numbing tasks completed.

I showcase other staff who started where they are and the professional and financial progress made. When they see my corner office, I let them know that everything I am asking them to do, I have done. Depending on the circumstances, I kick off my heels, roll up my sleeves and join in.

By employers working with teenagers in the summer, work life basics can be instilled early. Showing to work, daily and on time.
Office etiquette, time management and project completion.

More importantly, it takes the kids off the street. It gives them structure.

If we get them young, EMPLOYERS will not have to teach these skills to their employees in their late 20s and early 30s.

You are investing in our future.

No comments: