Monday, October 06, 2008

Thoughts from the barstool: "Bush Sucks and So Does Congress"


Saturday night I attended three fundraisers, two political and one for local kid who earned a spot on a travelling baseball team. The child is the son of one of my baseball players. His event was the final leg of my journey, in Delaware County. Ground Zero for Presidential politics in PA. First generation college educated but mostly blue collar. Sestak replaced Weldon in 2006 shocking the country.

In short order, I ran into my third baseman. He is one of the few guys on my team that I chat about stuff other than sports. 

I was surprised at how quickly the conversation turned to our nation's capital. He was not feeling the bailout. It represented what is wrong with our society. 

Only the little guy is held accountable for screwing up, he began. 

Taking a swig of beer, I don't want somebody who wants to drink with with me. I have plenty of folks who will do that.....

I want a President who runs my country. My God, where the hell is Bush? He sucks and so does Congress. We didn't just get here. I've been a Republican all my life, but McCain scares the hell out of me. I wish Obama was older. I couldn't give a damn about his color or his religion but his lack of experience really bothers me. What's her name Palin? I'd do her but for her to be in charge of the country.....Does the President actually run the country????

Nobody in DC is running the country. I hate them all....

His rant over, we turned to the Phillies losing effort. I was pleasantly surprised at his passion for something other than baseball.

Bush has done what many of his predecessors failed to do, engaged the citizens.




No comments: